Thursday, February 22, 2007

So it has come to this...

I think mostly this blog will be a cathartic exercise. Through this adventure I will be able to post tidbits about my thoughts, interests, and life. Ultimately, I will refrain from the blogging mistake of publishing opinions, information, or facts that could be detrimental to my professional or private life. So it's Briton Lite. Just because your speech is protected, it doesn't mean it can't hurt you.

The title of the blog comes from a Lawyer's phrase, which basically means, for the sake of argument. So most likely one would use it in a brief or memo in the following way, "Assuming Arguendo the facts are correct as you contend, you lose and I win on this legal premise". How effective this device is, no one really knows, but we use it because it makes us feel good as lawyers to bring up a legal point without actually admitting anything.

Finally, I leave you with one of the best music videos of all time. Cherish it for its classically 80s style, approach, and simplicity. Whenever I need to be pumped up, Journey gets me there!

1 comment:

Vance said...

Pansy! I was looking forward to reading your sarcastic, cutting, candid thoughts on life in this blog. Guess I'll just have to call you or something now...geez.

Glad you joined. There will be no trouble as long as you write more than Ben ;).

Also, I've added your blog to my list of blogs to check out. Not saying I'll be able to send much blog traffic your way (since no one really reads mine), but hopefully one or two people will venture on over here.

Talk to you soon buddy.