Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day



All things green and wonderful, beer in the morning and four leaf clovers all around. I had big plans for accomplishing some work on the paper today, but the NCAA tourney has negated that. As it stands we had a swell time last night for Pat's 25th birthday. It was muy classy.


Tip of the day,

Jon Favreau movies, I have been in the dark about these comedic masterpieces. He's got great delivery and plays a good straight man to Vince Vaughn's craziness. Three suggestions if you are keen enough to keep up with a lil offbeat but true to life humor.

Made, Love and Sex, and the cult classic Swingers:

"I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's *really* hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the guy in the rated R movie, you know, the guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where he's coming from. Okay? You're a bad man. You're a bad man, Mikey. You're a bad man, bad man."

Trent: I'm gonna find me two waitresses here and I'm gonna pull me a Fredo.
Mike: Yeah, well they're all skanks.
Trent: What are talking about? Look at all the beautiful babies here.
Mike: The beautiful babies don't work the midnights-to-six on a Wednesday. This is the skank shift.
Trent: Look at all the beautiful honeys here.

No comments: